Healthy lifestyle and Chiropractic News
To keep you informed about developments in the chiropractic and healthcare fields, we have included this news feed.
10 Best Snack foods
Snacking has earned a bad reputation. Some people are convinced good nutrition demands you limit your food intake to just three meals a day. The truth is snacking can be good for you if you make good choices. Choosing snacks that are high in fiber and low in fat, sugar and salt can help you meet your daily health and nutrition goals.
Nutritionist Susan Burke says, "Snacking is always part of a healthy diet. In fact, I recommend eating about six or seven small meals a day, that way your metabolism keeps burning calories."
Snacking does not mean you ignore portion sizes. Portion control plays a vital role in keeping calories under control. The key is to plan snacks into your meal plan. Always pack a couple of snacks so you will have something healthy to satisfy your mid-morning and mid-afternoon cravings.
eDiets provides you with all the tools to help you stay on track. Burke says, "Use your eDiets program to determine the total amount of food you need throughout the day and then use that menu to break it into six small meals. That way you don't go over your daily caloric requirements."
Healthy snacks don't have to be bland and boring. You never have to substitute taste when it comes to choosing nutritious munchies. There are countless ways to spice up your snacks and keep you satisfied. Burke recommends snacks that include protein, carbohydrates and a little fat.
"The combination snack is the best. The carbohydrates are good for some quick energy while the protein and fats provide you with a little more sustained energy."
Take a bite of these 10 super snacks that are sure to tackle your hunger pangs:
1. String cheese with strawberries
2. Ham on flatbread with peanuts
3. Cottage cheese with fruit
4. Melba Toast with peanut butter
5. Homemade bran muffin
6. Unsalted soy nuts
7. Seasonal fruits with a glass of skim milk
8. Lean turkey breast with rice crackers
9. Celery with ham and light cream cheese
10. Yogurt with fruit
Dr. Schelly Goes Online with New Website
Hemet's most trusted chiropractor can now be accessed via the Internet. The new site offers detailed information about the practice, techniques and the chiropractic field in general.
Visit the new website today to find out about us, our visiting hours and to make an appointment online.
The human body, an amazing machine.
In 24 hours;
Your heart beats about 100,000 times
Your blood travels 168,000,000 miles
You take approximately 20,000 breaths
You inhale more than 2600 gallons of air through the lungs
You eat 3.5 pounds (lb) of food
You drink 2.9 lb of liquids
You lose in weight 7.8 lb of waste
You perspire 1.43 pints
You give off heat at 85.6 F
You turn in your sleep 25-35 times
You speak 48,000 words
You move 750 major muscles
Your nails grow 0.000046 inch
Your hair grows .01714 inch
You exercise 7,000,000 brain cells with each thought
Do all you can to keep your body in healthly with proper nutrition, plenty of water and mental, physical and spiritual exercise.
- Chiropractic is the #1 Choice in Alternative Healthcare.
- 85% of Americans will suffer incapacitating low back pain in their lifetime.
- 40% of Americans with back pain lasting more than two weeks will go to a chiropractor.
- 6.8% of the population suffers from back pain at any given time.
- Chiropractic is the second largest primary health care provider in the western world.
Web MD reported on a study of research data over a 4 year period taken from nearly two million patients – 700,000 patients were on a healthcare plan that included chiropractic care compared to ONE MILLION patients on a health care plan that did NOT include chiropractic care. After following 1.7 million patients for 4 years here are the results:
- Chiropractic cut the cost of treating back pain by 28% compared to those who did not have chiropractic care.• Back surgeries were reduced by 32% - that is 1 in every 3 people.
- One third fewer surgeries which reduced hospitalization by 41%.
- This study reported on Web MD found the satisfaction rate with chiropractic to be 95%!!!
Need an Appointment?
Give us a call at:
951-659-4663 Idyllwild office
951 658-3121 Hemet office
Or send us an email.
25623 Fir Street
P.O. Box 1805
Idyllwild, CA. 92549-1805
1515 W Florida Ave.
Hemet, CA 92543
Tu & Th 8:30- Noon
Hemet Office Hours
Get the latest news from medical research and across the spectrum of health related stories.